Friday, April 22, 2011

Goats, Church and Mangos . . . .

Sunday April 17, 2011

As we were driving into the church on Sunday, we were greeted by these sweet animals . . .

Goats on the way to church . . .

The church is tucked back in off of the MacArthur Highway which is the main road through Angeles. (It actually goes from Manila to Baguio winding through the towns as it goes.)

The church is beautifulWade in front of the building

This is the chapel.

We have been in 3 different buildings here and the chapel is similar with the marble like floors and wooden benches (no padded seats here). Like I said above, the church building is back from the highway. You get to it by going on dirt roads. . . .

This is where the goats were before church . . . An empty lot here.
This is looking from the church building to the homes across the street

The dirt road in front of the church looking towards the open lot.

Going back to the highway. It looks like an alley way and if you didn't know it, you wouldn't think that a church is back behind this area.

On the way home, we drove by some mango trees here on base. They are loaded with mangos. I had asked if anyone could pick these and was told they were fair game . . .

I had Wade stop so I could take this picture. As I went to pick one mango, this guy comes running from a tent that had been erected a few trees away. He told me not to pick them and tried to get me to 'buy' some that he had at his tent that tasted good. I think he was trying to get me to not pick a green one. I am still having a hard time understanding the people here, especially when they are speaking Tagalog Wade made a big deal in his letter this week about me 'stealing mangos', But, I can assure you all that I didn't steal anything . . . After all, it was Sunday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment