Easy Caramel Sauce or Ice Cream Topping
"With only very few ingredients and five minutes to make it just couldn't get any easier and it tastes so good! ---it goes great with bread pudding, over ice cream and with desserts :)"
Ingredients1/2 cup butter (no substitutes) 1 cup brown sugar 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream - unwhipped 1tsp vanilla extract - optional
- In a small saucepan melt butter.
- Add the brown sugar; whisk until combined and thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Whisk in the whipping cream, until thoroughly blended (2 more minutes).
- Mix in vanilla (if using) until combined.
- NOTE; this sauce will thicken up more when refrigerated.
Butter and sugar
Adding the whipping cream Add Vanilla and you are done. Looks yummy! Philippine whipping cream This was the only size of vanilla that I could find. It is the size of a mini bottle of alcohol.
See what I can make when I have all the ingredients!! *smile*