Thursday, April 14, 2011

Caramel Sauce

Since I haven't been able to find any caramel ice cream topping - one of Wade's favorite things - I decided to make some. Patti sent a recipe and I just tried it. Very simple. And it taste good . . . . . . . .

Easy Caramel Sauce or Ice Cream Topping

"With only very few ingredients and five minutes to make it just couldn't get any easier and it tastes so good! ---it goes great with bread pudding, over ice cream and with desserts :)"

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter (no substitutes) 1 cup brown sugar 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream - unwhipped 1tsp vanilla extract - optional
  1. In a small saucepan melt butter.
  2. Add the brown sugar; whisk until combined and thickened (about 2 minutes).
  3. Whisk in the whipping cream, until thoroughly blended (2 more minutes).
  4. Mix in vanilla (if using) until combined.
  5. NOTE; this sauce will thicken up more when refrigerated.
Butter and sugar
Adding the whipping cream Add Vanilla and you are done. Looks yummy! Philippine whipping cream This was the only size of vanilla that I could find. It is the size of a mini bottle of alcohol.
See what I can make when I have all the ingredients!! *smile*



2 comments:

  1. Hi Connie! Yes it was me (Becky Sohm) who wrote to you before. I didn't even think about identifying myself. Sounds like you are having a great experience so far. I enjoy reading your blog and seeing the pictures. Dallan has been to the Philippines several times and really enjoys it there. When he managed the Travel office we had the area managers come to Salt Lake a few times. Our FAVORITE is a man named Abe Pohero (pronounced A-bay Pa - hero I think). I think he is the manager over Materials Management in the Area office now. Do you know him or know of him? He and his tiny wife were so darling when I met them here. She gave me a purse from there that I still use.

    I think the caramel sauce looks better than the rice and beans by the way! Remind Wade that if he wants to live like he did as a 19 year old missionary that he can't watch Jazz games! That will get you a few spices in the cupboard. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you actually made this. I hope Dad likes it as much as the stuff you bought in the States. Personally, I think this looks tastier, but Dad can be particular! What did he think?

    ReplyDelete