Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wishes do come true . . .

Over the past few years, my family ask me what I want for Christmas, my birthday , mother's day or what ever. I always tell them I want someone to clean my house for me . . . well guess what?? My dream came true!!! I now have a housekeeper who comes once a week. She cleans, mops floors, does laundry, folds my clothes, irons my clothes, straightens everything in my dresser and hangs my clothes by colors in my closet! It is wonderful and it only cost me approximately $9/week. Her name is Connie - just like my other name (they all call me Sister here). Her sister cleans for the Mission President's wife. Last week Connie cut up a papya for me that was growing in the back yard of the house. This week she cut up mangoes for me. What a treat!! I am now a spoiled lady . . . .

We also have a security guard who lives here. His name is Jose. He is wonderful. He is the one who planted the papaya trees in the back yard along with some banana trees. He has planted pineapples that are growing along the walkway to the backyard. He plants flowers and trees and then takes care of them, watering them every morning. I would love to plant some veggies in pots here, but the bugs eat them before humans can . . . oh well, I will just have to buy them in the market.

Tonight I am going to bed in clean sheets and I didn't have to do all of the work . . . good night!

1 comment:

  1. Does she put your sheets out on the clothesline like you like? lol. I'm happy to hear you are being spoiled. You deserve a break after working full time and tending house for all those years. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete