Saturday, March 19, 2011

Our Adventure Begins -

Thursday 3/17/11

Happy St. Patricks’s Day to all! My daughter posted on facebook that she had changed it to ‘St. Patti’s Day” in honor of her. She was so glad that everyone was celebrating her.

We finished our office training this morning. After lunch and cleaning our room we headed home to get the rest of our baggage. We had a couple of things to pick up on the way home. I did a load of laundry so we didn’t have to take dirty clothes in our bags. Mike got home early from work. We packed up the car with 4 large suitcases, 2 carry on bags and headed to Charlie’s to pick him up. The boys were going to be late for the start of the BYU game that was on TV. Charlie taped it! We got a couple of pictures at the airport curb and then we were off to get checked in.

We thought we would have a 3 hour wait at the Salt Lake airport. When we got to the check in, we found out that the flight was delayed another hour. We love sitting in airports!! We do that a lot when we fly standby. We flew to San Francisco and had to wait 4 hours for our flight to Hong Kong. Needless to say, we were very tired by the time we got on the plane and took off! Wade has such a hard time sleeping on the plane, but I think he got a few winks in on our 14 hour flight to Hong Kong.

So it is now Saturday morning. We arrived about 6:30a here in Hong Kong. We are now waiting for our flight to Manila. I’m glad I don’t have to make that flight home too soon. We flew on Cathy Pacific from San Francisco. We flew on a 747 which is a large plane! I did get some sleep. I had taken by shoes off to be more comfortable, and then I had a very hard time getting them back on. My feet were so swollen! I was finally able to squeeze my fat feet into my shoes and then walked a little in the isles. I finally watched the movie Tangled. It was really cute . . . one I need to buy. Wade read and finished a book on the plane. He had a hard time getting his shoes back on when we landed . . . Now to start drinking lots more water. Wade said he had drunk more water on the plane than he has ever drank at one time before. I believe it since I can never get him to drink water. And now we have to drink bottles water to be safe . . .

We are looking forward to getting to Manila in a few hours. We will stay in a hotel in Manlia to night and tomorrow night and then off to Angeles to get settled in out apartment for the next 18 months.

Yes our adventure has begun and we are thrilled!!!

Pictures to follow in a few days . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment