Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Spirit Has No Language Barriers

Thursday February 26, 2015

To day we interviewed a sweet 80 year old lady.  The interview was in Spanish so I wasn't getting too much out of it.  I am getting so I can sometimes recognize a word or what people are trying to say. But as we closed the interview wither testimony, a warm feeling came over me.  I was feeling her testimony.  It was a sweet experience for me.  
Genoveva Cattillo
Irma Nieves (friend) and Genoveva Carillo
Sister Carrilo had a couple of scrapbooks that she had made.  They were beautiful.  It has inspired me to work on mine when I get home!

When we end an interview, we always ask the person to close with their testimony.  It made me think how often have I been asked to bear my testimony on the spot so to speak.  In the Philippines we would be asked to share our testimony in church but usually had a few minutes to think about it.  These people who are interviewed are asked as we end the interview to bear their testimony.  I am making it a goal of mine to be prepared to share my testimony of the gospel at a moments notice without having to think of it . . . 

My testimony:
I know my Savior lives and I love Him.  I know that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God on the earth today.  I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ in the Sacred Grove.  I know that my Heavenly Father knows me and has a plan for me. I know that if I keep the commandments that I can live with my family forever. I am grateful for all the blessings that I have been blessed with.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment