Saturday, July 30, 2011

Salad Dressing . . .

My girls sent me a couple of packages of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad dressing mix.. I can't find a good salad dressing here. So, I bought some mayo and mixed it up last week. I was so excited to have a good salad with real Ranch dressing. I sat down to dinner and poured on some of my newly made dressing. I took one bite and YUCK!! I couldn't figure out at first why it tasted so yucky. Was it because I used powdered milk? (Powdered milk is cheaper to use in cooking) No . . . So I pulled the package for the mayo out of the garbage to look at it again. It was called Best Foods Mayo Magic! In other words, it was the Filipino version of Miracle Whip! I dumped the dressing. I bought a bottle of Mayonnaise at the duty free store - the real American stuff! I am looking forward to a good salad again soon! Now I need my girls to send me another couple of packages of the dressing mix!
The other half of the double package . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment