Saturday, May 28, 2011

Helping Others . . . .

When I decided to start a blog of our mission, it was first of all to help me keep a journal of all that we are doing and seeing. It is also to help others who may be considering a mission, an idea of what to expect as a senior couple. Of course, it depends on where and what you are called to do, but you can see that you are not like the young missionaries. And I also wanted my blog to be uplifting to others who read it who may be searching for something in their lives.

Recently, my sister sent me an excerpt from an email she had received from her sister in law who come across my blog and read it. As I read her note, my eyes filled with tears. This lady has been struggling in many different ways, spiritually, physically, mentally, in the job area and in everything you can imagine. She said she had been built up spiritually and that she felt that things come into our lives for a reason. She had wanted to leave a comment but wasn't sure if she should. I would have loved her comment. So, to anyone reading this who would like to leave a comment, please do, Leave your first and last name so that I will know who you are.

My hope is that I can help others through my expediences, that my words might be uplifting to someone who is struggling. I hope that you can laugh and cry along with me as I have written the words. There are times when you struggle on a mission . . . and of course you miss those at home, but if you will stay close to your Savior, love your companion and focus on the work you have been sent to do, you will receive blessings for you and your family at home.

I know that my Savior loves me and he knows me. I know that I have been sent here to the Philippines for a reason and there is a purpose to my calling. I pray daily for the strength to fulfill the responsibilities that I have. That I will love the people and the missionaries who I serve with. I know that this is the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father if we will keep his commandments. I love each of you and hope that you will feel His spirit. Thank you for sharing my experiences . . . . . . .

e

No comments:

Post a Comment