Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rosal or Gardenia . . .

While I was out walking a couple of days ago, I noticed a bush in the yard across the street with a flower that looked like a rose.  I ventured over to take a peak.  To my surprise, the flower was fragrant and looked so familiar.  It was a gardenia!  Gardenias are one of my favorite flowers.  I have attempted to grow them at home with no luck (in the house of course).  I went and got our security guard, Jose, and he told me that it was a Rosal.  There were a couple of bushes on another house next to ours and we went over and he picked a couple for me and to share with Sister Martino.  Now I know where that sweet smell is coming from in the mornings when I walk!!!
Isn't this beautiful!
Can you see another bud just up and to the left!
The beautiful flowers and trees are just one of the reasons I love it here!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment