Sunday, December 11, 2011

"HUMP" DAY . . . .

December 7, 2011

To me December has always been a time to reflect on that fateful day in 1941 when Pearl Harbor was bombed. I always think of my sweet Uncle Jimmie Forbes who was actually on the USS Arizona, when the bomb hit, was able to jump off and survived. He is one of my heroes.

But today was a new day to reflect. It has been 9 months since we started our mission on March 7, 2011. We are 1/2 way through our 18 month mission. This brings bitter sweet emotions. The time has flown by so quickly. I wonder if the next 9 months will go by as quickly.

Some of the emotions and thought I have at this time are . . .
  • Will I really be ready to leave this beautiful country and it's wonderful people?
  • Will I want to stay just a little longer? (The president keeps asking me that.)
  • What will be my most memorable moments?
  • Will I keep in touch with my new found friends and fellow saints?
  • What will it be life to get back to the 'real' world?
And the list goes on. Serving a mission has been one of my most rewarding experiences. I have met so many wonderful people - missionaries and Filipino men and women. I have been able to support a fabulous mission president in the mission office and work closely with his wife. They have become great friends of ours.

So we are on the down hill side of our mission, but I will continue to work hard to do those things that the Lord prepared me to do throughout my life! I see now the way that the Lord has guided me in my life to be prepared to do those things that I am asked to do at this time! I know that my Heavenly Father loves me!

No comments:

Post a Comment