Sunday, September 18, 2011

Farewell Elder Alcibor . . . .

I made a request to my ward a few months ago to write letters to one of our elders - Elder Alcibor. He hadn't received letters from home his entire mission. He is a great young man and a great missionary!

He was one of the APs when we first got here and I consider him one of our 'trainers'
Elder & Sister Jewkes with Elder Alcibor
He left September 6th with
four other Filipino elders and 1 sister.
I was able to attend the closing testimony meeting for these 6 young missionaries. It was one of the most spiritual testimony meetings I have attended. Each bore testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ. They each mentioned that they were so grateful to have been able to serve a mission.

Elder Alcibor bore testimony of families - through tears of gratitude for his experience. He is the only member in his family and the youngest of 12 children. We talked once time about his family and he said that he hoped that his experience as a missionary would bless his family to someday accept the gospel.

The spirit was so strong as each bore testimony. Through tears each expressed there love for Jesus Christ, for his atoning sacrifice for each one of us. I came away a better person with a deeper love for my Savior and each of these wonderful faithful missionaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment