Thursday, March 5, 2015

A Sad Note . . .

March 5, 2015

It is with a very heavy heart that I write this post on my blog.  I will add another post with the end of our mission soon . . .

Yesterday I lost my sweet sister in law, Andrea Meadows.  She passed away unexpectedly around noon March 4 2015.  I have felt such a great loss since hearing of her passing while I am here in Puerto Rico.  My heart is full of emotions.  

Andrea was one of the funnest people to be around.  She always knew how to through a party . . . the 4th of July has been spent at their home many times over the years with a big BBQ and then the Riverton fireworks show after while sitting on their lawn.  Her nieces and nephew have always adored her and her fun nature. (Her in laws feel the same way)

One of the things that shows Andrea's sense of humor was a facebook message that was left for her girls.  This friend related a day when she called Andrea and to ask what she was doing.  Andrea told her she was reading the Bible.  Her friend asked, what book (referring to what book in the Bible).  Andrea said "The Holy Bible"!  Her friend then asked 'what book in the Holy Bible are you reading"  Andrea said she was reading Revelations.  Although she didn't attend church, she loved our Heavenly Father and told me how she would just talk to Him as if he were sitting on her bed.  I am sure she is talking to Him now and has all kinds of questions for Him!

I will miss Andrea, but I  know that she is out of pain.  She is able to do all the crazy things she did in the past before she was sick.  I'm not sure what it was called, but she had nerve end damage much like shingles but it never went away.  A light breeze would send her into lots of pain.  She was a good wife and mother and loved her family more than anything.  In fact the last time I saw her, shortly before we came to Puerto Rico, she told me she wanted to be with her family for eternity!  We love you Annie!!!
Lexi, Andrea and Markelle Meadows

No comments:

Post a Comment