Friday, November 18, 2011

Black Beans . . . . Growing??


When Patti came to visit, she brought me a Ziploc bag of dried black beans. I haven't been able to find the dried ones here. The bag came open in her travels and had spilled in her suitcase. We got as many out as we could and then we took the bag out and dumped it by our door.

Then we had more rain . . . after all that is what it does here in the Philippines this time of year.

On Monday, I noticed something new growing. Upon a closer look, I could see that i now have black beans growing! Jose, (security guard) moved a couple of the seedlings to some other areas around the yard.I doubt that they will grow into a giant bean stock, but all the same, we now have black beans to add to the pineapple, papaya and bananas that grow in our yard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment